March 18-21, 2015, Hong Kong, China
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (The AusIMM) is pleased to announce that it will host PACRIM 2015 at the Conrad Hotel, Hong Kong from 18-21 March 2015.
PACRIM is a quadrennial congress that focuses on research, exploration and development of mineral deposits around the Pacific Rim. Its appeal extends far and wide to geologists, geophysicists, geochemists exploring in the Pacific Rim and people interested in the mineralisation processes of active tectonic margins, and those developing projects following discovery in these regions.
PACRIM 2015 will present over 50 technical abstracts plus additional keynote presentations over a three day period. The program will also include networking functions, pre and post conference workshops, technical tours, students program and optional sightseeing tours.
View the Chinese translated PACRIM flyer
PACRIM 2015 Registrations are Now Open
Early-bird registrations are now open for PACRIM 2015. Register now to save up to HKD 1,680 off the standard registration rate. Early bird registration closes 31 January 2015.
Call for Abstracts Closed
Abstract submission for PACRIM 2015 is now closed.
Workshops and Tours
The organising committee are pleased to advise an exciting workshop and technical tour program has been confirmed for before and after the congress.
Technical tours include:
- W1: Geology, mineral deposits, and exploration in China - SEG
- W2: Regional Metallogenic to Local Controls on Circum-Pacific Gold and Copper Deposits
- W3: Skarn Deposits
- W4: Portable X-ray Fluorescence (pXRF) Technology
- W5: 21st Century Structural Geology for Exploration and Mining: From Cores to Drones
- W6: Lessons Learnt from Auditing Mineral Resources Estimates - A Guide to Best Practice
- T1: Geology of the Northeast New Territories Region of the Hong Kong Geopark
- T2: Danxiashan Exploration Geo-Tour
- T3: Exploration Geo-tour of Northeast New Territories Sedimentary Rock Region
- T4: The Panzhihua Fe-Ti-V deposit and Lala Fe-Cu deposit, Sichuan Province, South-West China
- T5: China’s Carlin-like Golden Triangle
- T6: Porphyry Cu and Orogenic Au Deposits in Dexing District, North-East Jiangxiang, South China
- T7: The Porphyry and Epithermal Systems of the Zijinshan Orefield, Shanghang, Fujian
Keynote Speakers Confirmed
PACRIM 2015 is pleased to announce the following keynote speakers:
- Mac Canby, Vice President/Eurasian Exploration,
Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold
- Cornel de Ronde, Principal Scientist, GNS
- Jeffrey Hedenquist, Hedenquist Consulting
- Larry Meinert, U.S. Geological Survey,
United States of America
- Franco Pirajno, University of Western Australia
- Richard Schodde, MinEx Consulting
- Richard Sillitoe, Consultant
- John Thompson, Petra Science Consultants
Session Convenors Confirmed
PACRIM 2015 is pleased to confirm the following session convenors will be assisting with the technical program of the congress:
- Tim Baker, Eldorado Gold Corporation,
- Tom Blenkinsop, Cardiff University
- Zhaoshan Chang, James Cook University
- Huayong Chen, Guangzhou Institute
- Wei Terry Chen, The University of
- Tony Christie, GNS Science
- Dave Craw, University of Otago
- Paul Cromie, Anglo American Exploration
- Cornel E.J. de Ronde, GNS Science
- Steve Garwin, Independent Consultant,
University of Western Australia and Australian National University
- Rich Goldfarb, Centre for Exploration
- Anthony Harris, Newcrest Mining Limited
- Craig Hart, University of British
- Terry Hoschke, Alterex
- David Huston, Geoscience Australia
- Robert Hough, Minerals Down Under
- Eric Jensen, Eurasian Minerals
- Ross Large, University of Tasmania
- Jianwei Li, China University of Geosciences
- Larry Meinert, U.S. Geological Survey,
- Steve Prevec, Rhodes University,
- Roger Skirrow, Geoscience Australia
- Andrew Wurst, Global Barrick Gold
- Khin Zaw, University of Tasmania
- Mei-Fu Zhou, University of Hong Kong
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities Now Available
The organising committee is pleased to invite companies to support PACRIM 2015. A limited number of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available. The opportunities, which can be tailored to address your organisation’s business needs, are a very cost effective way to reach potential and actual meeting delegates.
PACRIM 2015 will be an ideal opportunity for sponsors to maximise exposure to a prime international audience.
To ensure you receive the latest information about the congress as it becomes available; please register your interest.