*Website: TMS Machine Learning for Materials Science 2018
The TMS Machine Learning for Materials Science 2018 course provides a unique opportunity to learn from recognized experts who are on the leading edge of developing machine learning and applying it in materials science and engineering. In just two days, attendees will gain the tools, knowledge, and contacts needed to run basic experiments and accelerate the introduction of machine learning techniques and approaches in their own work and organizations.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Create, critically evaluate, and interpret machine learning models for materials
- Describe how machine learning can positively impact their work as scientists
- Organize their data in a way that’s suitable for machine learning
- Design an experiment that incorporates machine learning, including:
- Create a sequential learning workflow for their experiment
- Predict the properties of an unknown material with a machine learning model
- Develop experimental material candidates that satisfy target conditions/properties
Learn more about this program on the Course Curriculum page.
Who Will Benefit
Professionals in materials science and engineering, as well as data scientists, who want to learn how to incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in to their research and development workflows will benefit from attending this course.
Course Sponsors and Organizers
This congress is sponsored by the TMS Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division (MPMD) and the Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) Committee, and is being organized by the following individuals:
- Bryce Meredig, Lead Organizer, Co-founder and Chief Science Officer, Citrine Informatics
- Erin Antono, Data Scientist, Citrine Informatics
- John C. Mauro, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State Univeristy
- Elsa Olivetti, Atlantic Richfield Associate Professor of Energy Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Christopher Wolverton, Jerome B. Cohen Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University
Learn more about each instructor, and the expertise they have to offer attendees of this course.
For More Information
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
TMS Meeting Services
5700 Corporate Drive Suite 750
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
U.S. and Canada Only: 1-800-759-4867
Other Countries: 1-724-776-9000, ext. 241