Website: Control of Potline Scrubber & Fugitive Emissions for Aluminum Smelters Course 바로가기 클릭
Control of Potline Scrubber & Fugitive Emissions for Aluminum Smelters is solely focused on providing a complete, intensive overview of the latest techniques, as well as the fundamental knowledge necessary for effectively managing and reducing emissions in aluminum smelting. This four-day course will feature in-depth presentations encompassing the broadest possible scope of knowledge and ideas that can be leveraged in a variety of situations.
Returning after a highly successful first course in 2016, this course is the newest offering in TMS’s highly impactful series of courses developed expressly for the aluminum industry since 1995. Learn more about TMS’s suite of aluminum courses here.
What You Will Learn
This four-day course will feature in-depth presentations encompassing the broadest possible scope of knowledge and ideas that can be leveraged in a variety of situations. Technical topics for this course include:
- Overview of Emissions
- Emission Fundamentals-Fluoride, SO2, Particulates
- Pot Ventilation and Scrubber Technologies
- Dry Scrubber Design
- Dry Scrubber Operation (Focus on Injector Reactors and Baghouse Designs)
- SO2 Wet Scrubber Operation and Control
- Practical Tips to Evaluate Scrubber Technology Bidding Stage
- Advancements and Developments in Potline Scrubbing, Including Gas Cooling Options
- Management of Potroom Fugitive Emissions
- Interactive Discussion and Workgroups
- Smelter Field Visit
To view the latest course schedule, visit the Course Curriculum page.
Who Will Benefit
- Plant and training managers, process engineers, and other technical personnel at aluminum smelters who are interested in managing environmental emissions
- Suppliers of environmental control equipment
- Young professionals looking to develop their career in the aluminum industry
- Those aspiring to leadership in environmental management within their company and the aluminum industry
COURSE SPONSORS AND ORGANIZERS
Control of Potline Scrubber & Fugitive Emissions for Aluminum Smelters is a TMS
Aluminum Course. The course is sponsored by the TMS Aluminum Committee of the
Light Metals Division, and is being organized and taught by the following individuals:
Stephan Broek, Lead Organizer/Instructor, Hatch Associates Pty Ltd.
Margaret Hyland, University of Auckland-Light Metals Research Centre
Stephen Lindsay, Alcoa
David Wong, University of Auckland-Light Metals Research Centre
Learn more about each instructor, and the background and experience they bring to this program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about this meeting, please complete the meeting inquiry form or contact:
TMS Meeting Services
5700 Corporate Drive Suite 750
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Telephone: +1 (724) 776?9000, ext. 241
+1 (800) 759?4TMS (4867)
Fax: +1 (724) 776?3770